Skip to Content

How to Renew an Employment Visa

workers in a meeting

An employment visa allows immigrants without a green card to find employment opportunities in the United States. If you’ve already obtained your employment visa and you think it’s time to renew it, our team at Akula & Associates P.C. explains how to renew your employment visa.

Know Which Permit You Are Renewing

There are two different work permits that can be renewed: work visa and employment authorization document (EAD). Work visas are obtained with the help of a U.S. employer who wants to hire an immigrant worker temporarily.

An employment authorization document is obtained for a specific length of time, depending on the person’s immigration status. Students, family members of U.S. citizens, and refugees can obtain EADs.

Know When to Renew an Employment Visa

There are over 60 different types of work visas, most of which can be renewed once or twice. To ensure that you can continue working in the United States, you should renew your employment visa on time to prevent delays. You can’t apply for an EAD renewal 120 days before the current one expires. However, you should start your application process at least 45 days in advance before it expires.

Talk to Your Employer About an Extension

To renew your work visa, your employer may need to apply for a work extension on your behalf. You should talk to them at least four months in advance to ensure that they are aware that you need an extension, and they can prepare for it.

Call Our Dallas Work Visa Attorney!

If you need to renew your work visa, you need an experienced attorney. Having an experienced attorney on your side will help you ensure that your work visa renewal process is completed correctly, reducing your chances of mistakes. At Akula & Associates P.C., we have the knowledge and experience needed to help you every step of the way and help you get the best possible results for your case.

Give our team a call today at (844) 299-5003 to schedule a consultation!