O Visa, P Visa - Extraordinary Talent & Entertainment Visas
Immigration Lawyers Based in Dallas
The U.S. welcomes individuals who have exceptional talent into the country to perform, visit, or teach in their respective specialties. To encourage and expedite their entry, the government provides special visa categories for such individuals.
Visas available for those with extraordinary talents:
P visa categories make it easier for artists, entertainers, and other members
of the entertainment field to enter the U.S.
- P-1 Visas for Internationally Recognized Athletes, Artists, and Performers: Holders of this visa can enter the country to perform or compete at a specific event for a temporary period of time.
- P-2 Visas for Performers or Groups Under a Reciprocal Exchange Program: Groups with as little as two people can apply for this visa and enter the country to perform at an event.
- P-3 Visas Culturally Unique Entertainers and Artists: Artists and performers who have produced work that is culturally unique can enter the U.S. to educate or perform.
O visa is intended to expedite entry into the U.S. for individuals with special
achievement or ability in their fields.
- O-1A Visas for Individuals of Extraordinary Ability or Achievement in education, science, business or athletics
- O-1B Visas for Individuals of Extraordinary Ability in the arts, motion picture, television, or entertainment industry
- O-2 Visas for Support Individuals Accompanying O-1 Visa Holders (such as assistants, support staff, nurses or other medical staff)
Eligibility for O & P Visas
To be eligible for a P visa, an individual must demonstrate outstanding ability or achievement that is recognized at an international level.
O-1 visa holders are reserved only for internationally-recognized individuals who have made significant contributions to their fields and require a much higher level of achievement than the P visas. Examples of O-1 visa holders include award-winning researchers, world-class athletes, Nobel laureates, multinational business leaders, etc.
At Akula & Associates, we can advise and provide legal support for individuals who qualify to enter the U.S. under the P or O visa categories. Our immigration attorneys located in Dallas are available to assist clients nationwide and across the globe with their visa and immigration matters.
Call (844) 299-5003 to reach a member of our team.