Dallas K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa Attorney
Nationwide Immigration Attorneys Located in Dallas, TX
The K-1 visa is for fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens. This family-based visa allows the foreign national fiancé(e) to enter the country and marry the U.S. citizen within a 90-day period from the moment of arrival. Once the marriage takes place, the fiancé(e) will then need to apply for an adjustment of status to a permanent resident. Once the fiancé(e) receives permanent resident status, he or she can live and work in the U.S. and eventually apply for citizenship in the future.
Call us online or call (844) 299-5003 to speak with a K-1 visa lawyer in Dallas. Our services are available in English, Spanish, Hindi, Urdu, Thai, Laos, Hausa, Russian, and Armenian.
K-1 Visa Requirements
Eligibility requirements for a K-1 fiancé(e) visa:
- The petitioner for the fiancé(e) must be a U.S. citizen (not a permanent resident)
- The couple must intend to marry within 90 days of the fiancé(e) entering the U.S.
- Previous marriages by both parties must be legally terminated
- The petitioner and fiancé(e) must have met at least once within 2 years of filing the petition, unless you meet the exceptions
About the K-1 Visa Process
Procedure for filing a fiancé(e) visa:
- The U.S. citizen submits a visa petition, Form I-129F, and includes proof of citizenship status and that the couple met in person within the previous two years.
- When USCIS approves the application, the petition is sent to the National Visa Center who will forward the case to the U.S. Consulate where the foreign fiancé(e) lives. The foreign fiancé(e) will need to attend an interview and bring the required documentation. He or she must also complete a medical examination and receive vaccinations.
- Once a case has been processed and approved, the fiancé(e) in the foreign country will be given a passport with the K-1 visa.
At Akula & Associates, our Dallas immigration lawyers can assist U.S. citizens who are seeking to bring fiancé(e)s into the United States. We provide smart and efficient guidance to facilitate the application process.
Call (844) 299-5003 to speak with a K-1 visa attorney in Dallas at Akula & Associates P.C.