Skip to Content

How Much Do I Need to Invest to Get a US Visa?

woman using a laptop

If you are interested in investing in a U.S. company, you may want to obtain a visa to keep a closer eye on your investments. With the EB-5 Immigration Investor Program, individuals can obtain a U.S. visa after investing in the United States. Our team at Akula & Associates P.C. explains what requirements are needed to qualify for an EB-5 visa and how much a person must invest.

EB-5 Investor Visa

Under the EB-5 Investors Program, investors and their spouses (including unmarried children under 21) can apply for a Green Card if they meet the following requirements:

  • Make the necessary investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States, and
  • Plan to create and preserve at least ten full-time jobs in the United States.

Qualifying Commercial Enterprise

Investors must invest in a commercial enterprise that is for-profit and conducts lawful business. Common forms of commercial enterprise that can help an investor qualify for a visa include the following:

  • A sole proprietorship
  • Partnership
  • Holding company and its wholly-owned subsidiaries
  • Joint venture
  • Corporation
  • Business trust
  • Limited liability company; or
  • Other entities may be publicly or privately owned.

What Are the Capital Investment Requirements for an EB-5 Visa?

The EB-5 visa requires a minimum investment of $1,050,000. All capital must be valued at fair-market value in U.S. dollars. It is important to note that your personal financial history may also be a factor in how much money you need to invest. For example, if you have a history of defaulting on loans or filed for bankruptcy in the past, you may be required to invest more money than someone with no such history. Immigrant investors must establish that they are the legal owner of the capital invested.

Seek Legal Guidance

Applying for a US visa can be a complex and costly process, but it’s important to remember that the payoffs can be significant. If you’re thinking about making an investment in the United States, be sure to consult with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss your options and ensure that you are taking the right steps to obtain a US visa.

Get in touch with our team at Akula & Associates P.C. today to schedule a consultation: (844) 299-5003!