Employment-Based Labor Certifications in Dallas
Dallas Immigration Lawyers
A PERM labor certification is required by all employers who are seeking to bring foreign nationals into the U.S. for the purpose of employment. This is the first step in the employment-based visa process. The employer must submit an application to the Department of Labor demonstrating the need for the foreign worker's skill and how that skill cannot be replicated by a U.S. worker. The purpose of this process is to protect U.S. workers from being adversely affected by the introduction of foreign labor.
When an employer wants to sponsor a foreign worker for a green card, the employer must undergo a three-step process:
- Obtain Alien Labor Certification through the PERM process
- I-140 Immigration Petition for Alien Worker
- I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (Green Card)
PERM Labor Certification Requirements-
The PERM Labor Certification process can begin when all requirements are fulfilled. Both the employer and prospective employee have certain obligations that must be fulfilled.
Requirements for PERM labor certification:
- The employee must be hired full-time by the U.S. employer
- The position must be a bona fide job offer that is also available to U.S. workers
- The job qualifications must be standard and not tailored specifically for the foreign worker.
- The wage for the position must meet prevailing wage requirements (equal or greater than the average wage for those similarly employed)
- The employer must show that there are no qualified U.S. workers available for the job and that hiring the foreign worker will not negatively impact U.S. workers
At Akula & Associates, our Dallas immigration attorneys have substantial experience handling employment-based labor certifications. We can navigate the process with employers and provide legal support throughout the process.
To learn more about labor certifications, call (844) 299-5003. We offer experienced assistance and are devoted to helping clients achieve their dreams through immigration!